Gareth Gregory is the Director for Finance at the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Gareth took on this role in December 2016.
Gareth started his career at the National Audit Office on their graduate training scheme. Following a year of travelling, he moved to New Zealand in 2006 working for Deloitte as an Audit Manager. He moved into local government, carrying out various roles within Auckland City Council including working on the project to create a ‘super city’ council from the other local authorities in the region.
He returned to the UK in 2012, where he has worked in other senior finance roles with private sector organisations including Manchester United and Mitie.
Director for Finance
Some of the Director for Finance responsibilities include:
- reporting directly to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) responsible for leading the finance, performance, risk and management information functions
- support and deputise for the CFO in their responsibilities for the strategic elements of finance, as well as commercial and legal matters
- developing the annual report and accounts, annual business plan, forecasts and performance reporting
- financial management reporting of DBS projects portfolio and investment in change, providing advice to the Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) and reporting to the Portfolio Investment Committee (PIC) and Major Projects Authority (MPA) on financial performance
- establishing and tracking quantitative financial benefits of projects