Emma Squire is Director, Ministerial Strategy and Private Office Directorate at the Department for International Trade.
Emma joins from her role as Principal Private Secretary to Right Honourable Sajid Javid MP, Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills leading a team of 110 supporting seven Ministers and the Permanent Secretary.
Prior to this Emma was head of the strategy team at BIS leading on election preparations, the Department’s legislative programme and, with colleagues from finance and analysis, coordinating the Department’s planning for the 2015 Spending Review.
Previous roles include:
- Principal Private Secretary to the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, 2015-16
- Deputy Director, Strategy, Department for Business Innovation and Skills, 2014 - 15
- Deputy Director, Local Growth, Department for Business Innovation and Skills, 2012-13
- Deputy Director, SME Access to Finance, Department for Business Innovation and Skills, 2009-11
- Head, Energy Desk, HM Treasury, 2008-09
- Nuclear Unit, BERR, 2006-08
- Energy Review team, DTI, 2006
- Multi-lateral Trade Negotiations team, DTI, 2004-06
- Short postings to Shareholder Executive and UK Trade & Investment NYC, 2006 and 2008
- Government affairs focused on trade and intellectual property for the pharmaceutical industry in Brussels and Shanghai, 2002-04