Emma Haddad was appointed Director General, Service Excellence on temporary promotion from April 2018.
Before this, Emma was Director for Working Age Benefits from December 2016.
Previous roles in the Civil Service include:
- Director, Refugee Resettlement Operation in the Home Office
- Director, Asylum in the Home Office
- Director, International Policy in the UK Border Agency
- National Expert in Migration, European Commission
Director General, Service Excellence
The Director General, Service Excellence is responsible for:
- delivery of services across the lifecycles of UK households, from child maintenance to pensioners
- cross-cutting services to all of DWP including fraud, error, debt, disputes and appeals