Elaine Brown has been a Deputy Official Solicitor since October 2014. She is currently Head of the Court of Protection Property and Affairs team, and advises the Official Solicitor’s and the Public Trustee’s Trust and Deputy Services team.
Her previous roles include:
advisory lawyer at:
- Office of the Public Guardian, 2007 to 2014
- The Public Guardianship Office and Assistant Master of the Court, 2003 to 2007
- Team Manager at the Law Commission, 2001 to 2003
- Trust consultant The Public Trustee Office, 1987 to 2000
- Grant Thornton and Binder Hamlyn Chartered Accountants, 1985 to 1986
Deputy Official Solicitor
A Deputy Official Solicitor carries out the duties of the Official Solicitor in his absence.