Sir Edward Lister is Chairman of Homes England and a Non Executive Director at the Foreign Office.
Sir Edward Lister has a considerable background in facilitating large-scale urban regeneration schemes and coordinating major public & private sector partnerships. He joins the FCO from local government.
Previous roles include:
- Chief of Staff to the Mayor of London
- Deputy Mayor for Policy and Planning at City Hall and Leader of Wandsworth Council.
- Chairman of the Old Oak Common Development Corporation
- Chairman of London and Partners the agency responsible for inward investment to London and tourism
His current roles include:
- Chairman of the Homes England
- Director at Covent Garden Market Authority
- Governor at the Museum of London
The chairman is appointed by the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government and has particular responsibility for providing effective strategic leadership of the agency.
Non Executive Director
Board members give corporate leadership to the FCO by ensuring that the department meets the foreign policy priorities, Public Service Agreements targets and service delivery targets set by ministers. The role of a Non-Executive Board Member is to provide an effective and objective challenge to the rest of the Board and officials.