Dominic Wilson is responsible for international security policy in the Middle East and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America, and for policy advice on a range of thematic issues including counter-terrorism, cyber, building stability overseas, conflict prevention and for support to the civil authorities in the UK.
- Director Operational Policy
- Director Security and Intelligence (Cabinet Office)
- Director Strategy and Resources
Director General Security Policy
The Director General Security Policy is responsible for:
- setting the policy framework for all military operations and ensuring appropriate scrutiny and delivery
- developing defence’s contribution to National Security Objective 1 (Protect) including defence contribution to Contest and the Organised Crime Strategy, and broader military support to the civil authorities
- developing the policy framework for defence’s contribution to National Security Object 3 (Projecting Influence).
- support to export campaigns
- policy on the UN, the AU and peacekeeping operations.
- policy on defensive and offensive cyber issues
- policy on women in conflict
- judicial engagement policy