David was appointed as a Non-executive Member in June 2016. He is also a member of the Audit Committee and serves on the Referrals Committee.
He is a Director of the Engage Enrich Excel Academies Trust where he also Chairs the Audit and Risk Committee and is a member of the Strategy and Growth Committee.
He has a deep knowledge of international aerospace and defence sectors which complements a broad experience of industrial services around the world. David has a track record of leadership roles in strategy, M&A, finance, change management and procurement at FTSE 250 executive team level.
Previous roles include:
- Advisor to Tawazun Economic Council, Abu Dhabi;
- EVP Strategy and EVP Operations at Cobham plc;
- Finance Director, Industrial Fire Protection Division, Kidde plc; and
- earlier roles at Gemalto, Alphameric and Tate & Lyle.
David is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and holds an MBA from the University of Surrey.
Non-executive member, SSRO
The SSRO Non-Executive Members are responsible for:
- providing independent and constructive challenge
- establishing the strategic direction of the SSRO (within a policy and resources framework agreed with ministers)
- overseeing the development and implementation of strategies, plans and priorities
- overseeing the development and review of key performance targets including financial targets
- ensuring that the public body complies with all statutory and administrative requirements on the use of public funds