David Gann became Chair of the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority in August 2018.
Other positions held:
- Imperial College London’s Vice President, leading Innovation and as Professor of Innovation and Technology Management at Imperial College Business School and Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering;
- non-executive board member of Directa Plus plc the world’s largest producer of pristine graphene; and
- member of NEC (EMEA) Advisory Council.
Other career highlights:
- Chairman of the Smart London Board (2012-2017), responsible for London’s digital strategy and reporting to the Mayor of London;
- Group Innovation Executive, Laing O’Rourke plc (2007-2011), where he developed Crossrail’s Innovation Strategy; and
- Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers, an Honorary Fellow of the Royal College of Art and a Fellow of the City & Guilds Institute.
The Chairman is responsible for leading the UK Atomic Energy Authority Board’s strategy and ensuring that its objectives are achieved.