Clare Moriarty has been Permanent Secretary for the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs since August 2015.
Her previous roles include
- Director General, Rail Executive in the Department for Transport
- Director General, Corporate Group, Department for Transport
- Constitution Director, Ministry of Justice
- Head, NHS Foundation Trust Unit, Department of Health
- Principal Private Secretary to the Secretary of State for Health
- secondments to the NHS and the UCL School of Public Policy.
Clare has a long-standing interest in leadership, change and diversity. She is a member of the Westminster Abbey Institute Council of Reference and the Advisory Council of the Cambridge Centre for Science and Policy.
Responsible for the overall management of the Department.
- Principal Accounting Officer for Defra
- Member of the Defra Board
Previous roles in government
Director General Rail Group
- 2013 to 2015
Director General Corporate
- 2012 to 2012