Claire Gilmore was the Senior Investigating Officer in the Office of the Ethical Standards Commissioner in Scotland until her appointment as Traffic Commissioner.
Claire is a solicitor who has specialised in litigation for most of her career. Prior to taking up the role of Senior Investigating Officer, Claire worked primarily in government legal services where she developed particular expertise in regulatory litigation, including licensing and public inquiries.
Claire was a Director of NHS Ayrshire and Arran and a Member of the South Ayrshire Health and Social Care Integration Joint Board from 2014 until 2018. She is also a qualified engineer, and spent the early part of her career working for the Ministry of Defence.
Traffic Commissioner for Scotland
- the licensing of the operators of Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) and of buses and coaches known as Public Service Vehicles (PSVs)
- the registration of local bus services
- granting vocational licences and taking action against drivers of HGVs and PSVs
- dealing with appeals against decisions by Scottish local authorities on taxi fares
- appointing parking adjudicators to the Parking and Bus Lane Tribunal for Scotland