Claire joined the UK Space Agency in September 2016 as Satellite Launch Programme Director and was appointed as acting Commercial Space Director in April 2018.
Claire’s previous roles include:
- Head of Benefits and Credits Policy Team, HM Revenue & Customs
- Head of Counter-Extremism Policy, Home Office
- Head of Organised Crime Policing, Home Office
- Policy Lead, NHS Future Forum, Department of Health
- Policy Manager, NHS Reform Programme, Department of Health
- Policy Manager, Patient Choice, Department of Health
Claire trained as a solicitor at Baker & McKenzie LLP.
Commercial Space Director
The director oversees the UK Space Agency’s work with industry and internationally to establish commercial spaceflight in the UK. They also lead on the Agency’s communications, stakeholder engagement, and research and analysis.