As of September 2015, Chris has been the Regional Director for Department for International Trade (DIT) and the FCO Prosperity Network in South East Asia at the British High Commission, Singapore.
Chris has worked for the UK government since 1993, holding a variety of posts in the Department for Business, often with a strong technology and innovation element. He worked for successive trade, energy and employment Ministers for two years before going to BG plc on secondment for two years to support international business development. Chris was posted to the British Embassies in Washington and Tokyo where he worked as Science Counsellor.
Most recently Chris led the Green Economy team in the Department of Business, working closely with energy intensive industries, nuclear and offshore wind sectors; before moving to the Digital Economy Unit where he was responsible for infrastructure and telecommunications policy.
Follow Christopher on Twitter @ChrisPookSG
- Sept 2015 – present - Singapore, Regional Director for DIT and FCO Prosperity
- 2014 – 2015 - Deputy Director, Infrastructure and Telecomms, Digital Economy Unit, UK
- 2011 – 2014 - Deputy Director, Green Economy, Department of Business, Innovation and Skills, UK
- 2005 – 2011 - British Embassy, Tokyo, Science and Innovation Counsellor
- 2004 – 2005 - Secretary, Technology Strategy Board, Department of Trade and Industry, UK
- 2001 – 2004 - British Embassy, Washington, First Secretary, Science and Innovation
- 1999 – 2001 - Nuclear Industries Directorate, Department of Trade and Industry
- 1997 – 1999 - On secondment, BG plc
- 1995 – 1997 - Private Secretary, Trade and Energy Minister, Employment Minister, Department of Trade and Industry, UK
- 1993 – 1995 - Joined Department of Trade and Industry, Science Fast Stream
- 1989 – 1993 - Centre for Biotechnology, Imperial College
Regional Director for DIT and FCO Prosperity, South East Asia
Department for International Trade Singapore, Department for International Trade Thailand, Department for International Trade Philippines, Department for International Trade Malaysia, Department for International Trade Vietnam, Department for International Trade Indonesia, Department for International Trade Cambodia and Department for International Trade Burma