Christine Tacon has a portfolio career combining her commercial expertise with her understanding of the food chain and the public sector. She is a Chartered Engineer with 12 years experience in sales and marketing of fast moving consumer goods (Mars, Anchor and Vodafone) and ran the Co-operative Group’s farming business, the largest in the UK, for 11 years until 2012. She was awarded a CBE for services to agriculture in 2004.
Register of interests
Other current positions include:
- Non-executive director of Anglia Farmers a co-operative procurement business for agricultural members
- Chair MDS Limited, a training provider for graduates in the fresh food and produce industry
- Advisor to Wet Engineering Limited
- Chair BBC Rural Affairs Committee
Other public appointments:
Previous public appointments held within the last 5 years:
- Council member of Natural Environment Research Council
- Non-executive director of the Met Office (2013-2016)
- Member of UKTI Environment and Water Sector Advisory Group (2013-2016)
- Governor of Harper Adams University (which specialises in agribusiness) (2012-2016)
- Member DEFRA’s Strategic Regulatory Scrutiny Panel (2011-2015)
- Public Member Network Rail (2012-2015)
Personal and business interests:
- Director Melbobby Limited (family property business in Norfolk)
Groceries Code Adjudicator
The Groceries Code Adjudicator is an independent statutory office, and is responsible for enforcing the Groceries Supply Code of Practice.
The code can be found at Schedule 1 of the Groceries (Supply Chain Practices) market investigation order, 2009.