Chris Theobald has been reappointed to the UK Atomic Energy Authority Board from 1 March 2019 to 28 February 2021. He was appointed to UKAEA Board on 1 March 2016.
- 15 years in senior executive roles in the nuclear, energy and defence markets.
- Vice- President UK/Europe for BWXT Inc (formerly Babcock and Wilcox) leading business development in the civil nuclear market.
- Managing Director (MD) of Serco’s Technical Services business where he led the £140m sale of Serco’s nuclear consulting unit to AMEC in 2012
- Senior roles in BAE Systems Avionics and GEC- Marconi, including Divisional MD for a joint venture between BAE Systems and Finmeccanica.
- Board director for the UK Low Level Waste Repository (LLWR) at Drigg, Cumbria.
- Founding member of the board for the National Skills Academy for Nuclear (NSAN).
Chris has a degree in Aeronautical Engineering and is a Member of the Royal College for Defence Studies.