Chloe Smith was appointed Parliamentary Secretary at the Cabinet Office on 9 January 2018.
She was Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Northern Ireland and Assistant Government Whip for the House of Commons from 15 June 2017 to 8 January 2018.
She is the Conservative MP for Norwich North.
Chloe studied English at the University of York.
Chloe was elected MP for Norwich North in July 2009. She was appointed Economic Secretary to the Treasury in October 2011 and from September 2012 to October 2013 she served as Parliamentary Secretary for the Cabinet Office.
Career outside politics
Before entering Parliament, Chloe worked for international consultancy firm Deloitte, advising private businesses, government departments and public bodies.
Parliamentary Secretary (Minister for the Constitution)
- constitutional policy and democracy
- propriety, ethics and transparency
- knowledge management
- UK Statistics Authority
- Cabinet Office Parliamentary business
- Cabinet Office domestic (including Cabinet Office HR, finance and security)
- government communications
- fraud, error, debt and grants
- Public Bodies reform
Previous roles in government
- UK Government launches first public sector counter fraud profession
- Harry Rich appointed Registrar of Consultant Lobbyists
- Ministerial Forum communiqué: 17 September 2018
- Government saves £300m in two years by preventing fraud and error
- 1,000 young people to be trained as Democracy Ambassadors
- Ministerial Forum communiqué: 1 August 2018
- Government launches new, global-leading counter-fraud and economic crime profession
- Government launches consultation to protect political debate
- 'Champions of our democracy’ announced at the National Democracy Week Awards
- National Democracy Week: partner pack