A qualified lawyer and consultant, Celia has spent most of the last 20 years in commercial roles working on major infrastructure projects for both the public and private sectors in the areas of road and rail transport, power, utilities, schools and hospitals. She is has been advising Thames Water on various aspects of the Thames Tideway Tunnel project and was appointed General Counsel of Thames Tideway Tunnel Ltd in January 2015.
She was appointed to the TSol Board on 9 September 2013, she is chair of the SCS pay committee. TSol became the Government Legal Department on 1 April 2015.
Celia’s previous roles include:
- General Counsel at the Olympic Delivery Authority, 2006 to 2012
- Director at Jarvis PLC, 2001 to 2004
- Senior Counsel at Edison Capital, 1999 to 2001
The Government Legal Department’s non-executive directors have a range of responsibilities including:
- providing an independent perspective and constructive challenge of the executive function to ensure that the most appropriate business and management processes are in place
- supporting the Permanent Secretary (the Treasury Solicitor)
- engaging in budget panel review meetings
- monitoring and challenging the department’s performance in relation to its objectives, commitments and its strategy