Catherine Mealing-Jones joined the UK Space Agency on loan from the Home Office in January 2012 as Director for Growth, Applications and EU Programmes. In April 2014 she became Director for Growth.
Her previous roles include:
- Director of Technology and Business Change, UK Border Agency (2008 to 2012)
- Deputy Regional Director, Corporate Development, Government Office for the East of England (2005 to 2008)
- Strategic Policy Advisor, Attorney General’s Office (2004 to 2005)
- various roles as part of the Public Service Leaders Scheme, Crown Prosecution Service HQ and Thames Valley (2002 to 2004)
- Performance Champion, Home Office Performance Delivery and Strategy Unit (2001 to 2002)
Director, Growth, UK Space Agency
The director is responsible for expanding the UK Space Agency on a national and international scale. This means monitoring global and European space bodies, such as the Global Monitoring for Environment and Security. They are also responsible for seeing through the innovation and growth strategy, and developing relationships with the public sector and industry partners.