Carolyn Fairbairn was was appointed as a member of the Committee on Standards in Public Life on 1 October 2014. Her term will end on 30 September 2019.
Carolyn Fairbairn was appointed Non-Executive Director of the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) Board on 15 July 2013. Carolyn has the additional responsibility of being Chair of the Remuneration Committee.
She is also a:
- Non-Executive Director for Lloyds Banking Group and Vitec Group
- Trustee for Marie Curie Cancer Care
- Non-Executive Director of the UK Statistics Authority
Previous career highlights include:
- Strategy Director at the BBC and ITV
- Partner at McKinsey and Company
Non-Executive Directors of the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) Board play an important role in setting up the organisation, working with the chair and chief executive.
As board members, they are also responsible for:
- setting the organisation’s strategic direction and policy framework
- developing priorities
- monitoring performance against its objectives
- making decisions on Market Investigation References