Annetje Ottow was appointed Non-Executive Director of the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) Board on 15 July 2013. She is a member of the Remuneration Committee.
She is also:
- Vice President of the Executive Board, Utrecht University
- Non-Governmental Advisor (NGA) to the International Competition Network (ICN)
- Member of the Supervisory Board to VU University Amsterdam and the VU University Medical Centre and Board member of the Law Firm School (The Netherlands)
Previous career highlights include:
- Vice President and Non-Executive Board Member of OPTA, the Dutch Independent Post and Telecommunications Authority
- Visiting Professor at the Florence School of Regulation at the European University Institute, Florence, Italy, at the Competition Law Centre of the George Washington University, USA and the law faculty of the Chinese University of Hong Kong
Non-Executive Directors of the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) Board play an important role in setting up the organisation, working with the chair and chief executive.
As board members, they are also responsible for:
- setting the organisation’s strategic direction and policy framework
- developing priorities
- monitoring performance against its objectives
- making decisions on Market Investigation References