Andy Tighe was appointed Director of Communications in November 2017. He joined the Home Office as Head of News in 2011. Before joining the Home Office, Andy was a journalist for the BBC, working in radio and television. He was educated at Oxford University and is a fluent Spanish speaker.
Andy lives in London with his wife and 2 sons.
- developing and overseeing the implementation of the Home Office’s communications strategy
- increasing the department’s understanding of, and engagement with, the public, its partners and staff
- building confidence in the department’s ability to protect the public
- working across government on communications issues and policies
- contributing to the leadership of the department