Andrew Tyley was appointed Deputy Further Education Commissioner in September 2016.
He is a CIPFA qualified accountant with lots of experience in the FE sector and a particular specialism in college finance. He has also worked on a range of high profile college recovery plans prior to taking up his post.
Andrew’s previous roles include:
- Finance Director and College Principal at Walford & North Shropshire College
- Finance Director at Harper Adams University
- FE and Company Secretary for the Adult Learning Inspectorate
- Management Consultant for Price Waterhouse
Deputy Further Education Commissioner
The Deputy FE Commissioners work with FE colleges to help improve the quality and sustainability of their provision, and reduce the risk of failure. This includes:
- providing support to colleges in formal intervention
- preventing colleges from going into formal intervention
- contributing to policy development for colleges in the FE sector
More information is available in the college oversight: support and intervention guide.