Andrew McNaughton was appointed Technical Director at High Speed Two Limited in February 2012, following 2 years as Chief Engineer.
Andrew is also:
- Special Professor of Rail Engineering at Nottingham University
- a Visiting Professor of Engineering at both Imperial College London and Southampton University
- Vice Chair of the EU Transport Advisory Group
- Chair of the European Rail Research Advisory Council
- Special Advisor on rail to the Australian Government
He was previously Chief Engineer at Network Rail.
The Technical Director is responsible for developing the principles, network and specific route design for high speed rail in Great Britain.
The Technical Directorate provides technical expertise in civil engineering, requirements and assurance, railway systems and environment and planning.