In a 32-year career in the civil service, Andrew McCully has held a wide range of senior posts, with responsibilities including:
- reforming benefits for unemployed people
- legislation to reform post-16 education and training
- cross-government measures to improve outcomes for vulnerable children
- school standards
- services for young people
- reforms to the school system
Andrew is the Director General for Early Years and Schools in the Department for Education, previously Director General for School Infrastructure and Funding.
He was made an OBE in the 2000 New Year’s Honours.