Andrew McCully is the Director General for Schools in the Department for Education, previously Director General for Early Years and Schools.
In a 35-year career in the civil service, Andrew has held a wide range of senior posts, with responsibilities including:
- reforming benefits for unemployed people
- legislation to reform post-16 education and training
- cross-government measures to improve outcomes for vulnerable children
- school standards
- services for young people
- reforms to the school system
He was made an OBE in the 2000 New Year’s Honours and CBE in the 2019 Birthday Honours.