Mr Andrew Garth took up his appointment as British Ambassador to Slovakia in October 2014. His previous roles are listed below.
- 2010 - 2014 UKTI, Head, Commercial Development Unit
- 2008 - 2010 FCO, Head, EU Enlargement & Pre-Accession Team
- 2008 - Bangkok, Head, Political & Economic Section
- 2004 - 2007 Bucharest, First Secretary (Trade Development)
- 2003 - 2004 Secondment to South Yorkshire International Trade Centre
- 1999 - 2002 Taipei, Science & Technology Officer
- 1997 - 1999 UKTI, Turkey Desk
- 1995 - 1997 FCO, Desk Officer (Asia Policy)
- 1992 - 1995 South East Asia/Far East Floater
- 1990 - 1992 Warsaw, Attaché
- 1988 - Joined FCO
Social media links
British Ambassador to Slovakia
The Ambassador represents Her Majesty The Queen and the UK government in the country to which they are appointed. They are responsible for the direction and work of the Embassy and its Consulates, including political work, trade and investment, press and cultural relations, and visa and consular services.