Sir Andrew is a former UK Ambassador to Israel, and was UK Special Envoy for Post-Holocaust issues from June 2010 to September 2015.
Sir Andrew’s career includes the following positions:
- British Ambassador to Israel, 1992 to 1995
- Deputy Under Secretary of State responsible for the Government’s bilateral and trade relations outside Europe, 1995 to 1997
- British Consul-General to the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau, 1997 to 2000
- British High Commissioner to Canada, 2000 to 2003
- UK Special Envoy for Post-Holocaust issues 2010 to 2015