Andrea was appointed as the CMA’s Executive Director, Markets and Mergers on 15 March 2018. She is a member of the CMA’s Senior Executive Team and Policy Committee and also sits on the CMA Board.
Andrea’s role includes advising the Board across the markets and mergers portfolio, as well as providing strategic leadership of the CMA’s work in these areas. She is also a decision maker in relation to Phase 1 mergers.
Andrea is bilingual in English and Portuguese and has a good working knowledge of both French and Spanish.
Previous career highlights include:
- Senior Legal Director for Mergers, Markets and Regulatory Appeals at the CMA
- Partner at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Seconded to the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to work as part of the team producing the guidance on the CMA’s new powers under the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013.
Executive Director, Markets and Mergers
The Executive Director of Markets and Mergers at the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is responsible for:
- providing strong, visible and dynamic leadership of the CMA’s mergers and markets work
- managing associated work streams to provide value to markets and consumers