Amelia was appointed Non-Executive Director of the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) Board on 1 October 2016. She is a member of the Remuneration Committee.
She is also:
- Professor of Competition Policy at the Centre for Competition Policy (CCP) and Norwich Business School at the University of East Anglia
- Non-Executive Director of the Financial Conduct Authority and Payment Systems Regulator
- a member of the Enforcement Decision Panels at Ofgem and the Civil Aviation Authority
- a member of the Royal Economic Society Council and the expert advisory board to the National Infrastructure Commission
Previous career highlights include:
- Chief Economist, Senior Director of Mergers and Senior Director of Policy at the Office of Fair Trading
- Economic consultant at London Economics and Frontier Economics
Non-Executive Directors of the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) Board play an important role in setting up the organisation, working with the chair and chief executive.
As board members, they are also responsible for:
setting the organisation’s strategic direction and policy framework developing priorities monitoring performance against its objectives making decisions on Market Investigation References