Amanda Spielman joined Ofqual as its chair in July 2011. She was part of the ARK education charity’s founding management team in 2005.
Amanda is a board member at Brunel University and Stemnet.
She worked for more than 15 years in corporate finance, corporate strategy and business planning for:
- Nomura International plc
- Mercer Management Consulting
- Bridgewater Business Analysis Ltd
- Kleinwort Benson Ltd
- Thomson McLintock (at director and principal level)
The chair of the board is responsible for leading the board and overseeing the governance of Ofqual.
The chair makes sure that the:
- board’s strategic direction is carried out by the organisation
- organisation carries out its statutory duties and responsibilities
Previous roles in government
Chief Regulator, Ofqual
- 2016 to 2016