Alun Evans was appointed Director of the Scotland Office in 2012.
Alun worked as Secretary of the Detainee Inquiry before moving to the Scotland Office. Prior to that he was Head of Strategy at the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
Other career highlights include:
- Director General in the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills
- Director General (Transformation) in the Department for Communities and Local Government
- Secretary to the Inquiry into the Lessons to be Learned from the 2001 outbreak of Foot and Mouth Disease
- Head of Strategic Communications at 10 Downing Street and Director of Communication to the former Deputy Prime Minister
- Principal Private Secretary to successive Secretaries of State for Educations and Employment from 1998 to 2000
Alun is also a Senior Fellow at the Institute for Government.
Director of Scotland Office
The Director of the Scotland Office is responsible for overseeing the delivery of the Scotland Office’s objectives as set out in our business plan.