We may need to handle personal information about you so that we can manage the organisation, provide services and comply with legislation.
When we ask you for personal information, we promise:
- to make sure you know why we need it;
- only to ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information;
- to protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t;
- to let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better public services or because we are legally obliged to;
- to make sure we don’t keep it any longer than necessary; and
- not to make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission.
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information; and
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes;
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics;
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use or delete your personal information;
- how we check the information we hold is accurate and up to date; and
- how to make a complaint.
None of the above affects our aim to be open and honest, or our commitment to Freedom of Information.
For more information please contact:
UKAEA Data Protection Officer
When we ask for information, we will comply with relevant legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner at:
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113