What we do
We are an ambitious organisation that prides itself in delivering an outstanding service for its customers.
We employ over 3000 staff across five sites in Glasgow, Darlington and Wales. Keeping our employees healthy and happy is a priority of ours and there are a range of rewards and benefits on offer. We have been an Investors in People organisation for 11 years and recently achieved our silver award.
Apply for a job
We are looking for people to join us across the business and we have a diverse range of jobs on offer, you can search for the one for you on our recruitment site.
What we offer you
Some of the benefits you can expect when you join SLC are:
- internal opportunities for career progression with an Investors in People organisation
- access to career and self development training courses through our Digital Learning Academy
- help towards the cost of professional subscriptions relevant to your job role
- ability to apply for funding to undertake further education courses
- modern and vibrant working environments with break out and welfare areas
- sites connected to local areas with good public transport links as well as car parking (subject to availability).
- help travelling to work with our interest free travel ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- generous 36 days holiday (including public holidays)
- option to buy extra and/or sell annual leave
- paid day off to move house.
- annual performance related payment
- enhanced company sick pay
- enhanced family friendly pay including maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave
- range of flexible working options including flexitime
- recognition awards to say thank you for a job well done as well as long service and upon retirement
- a generous company pension scheme and free life assurance equivalent of 4 times basic salary
- access to free 24/7 employee assistance programme offering a wide range of specialist support and information as well as a wellbeing service through our occupational health provider
- exclusive discounts from major retailers with our savings scheme allows you to save money on the things you like to buy
Whatever role you take on with us, we will offer you the opportunity to develop your own personal and professional skills by:
- supporting personal development through various external, internal, on-the-job and online training schemes
- considering sponsorship through further education courses if relevant to your role
- giving each employee annual performance review with regular follow-ups throughout the year
- developing a personal development plan for each employee which is linked to personal objectives