Members of the Police Advisory Board
The Police Advisory Board for England and Wales (PABEW) is chaired by Elizabeth France.
The following organisations are members of PABEW:
- Association of Police Crime Commissioners
- Chief Police Officers’ Staff Association
- Police Superintendents Association (England and Wales)
- Police Federation (England and Wales)
- National Police Chief’s Council
- Police Staff Council: trade union side
- Metropolitan Police: trade union side
- Metropolitan Police: HR
- members nominated by the Home Secretary
A range of observers attend meetings as appropriate and agreed by the Chair.
The Scheme Advisory Board (SAB)
The SAB exists to:
- provide advice, on request, to the Secretary of State for the Home Department on the desirability of changes to the police pension schemes
- provide advice, on request or otherwise, to police pension scheme managers and pension boards in relation to the effective and efficient administration and management of the police pension scheme 2015 and any statutory pension scheme that is connected with it
Further information, including the membership of the SAB can be found in the
You can also read SAB meeting minutes
Police pensions calculator
The police pensions calculator allows police officers to see an illustration of their projected pension benefits.
Minutes of PABEW meetings: