The board is responsible for establishing and taking forward the strategic aims and objectives of the Oil and Pipelines Agency (OPA). The OPA, as a public corporation, is governed according to The Oil and Pipelines Act 1985, and other HMG guidelines and, conforms, where appropriate, to best practice in corporate governance as represented by the 2011 code, ‘Corporate governance in central government departments: code of good practice’.
The board also has 3 sub-committees which are:
- health, safety, environment and quality
- remuneration and nominations
The Chairman of the OPA Board is Graham Ellis who sits alongside 4 other board members who are listed below:-
- Trevor Woolley (member and Audit Committee Chair) appointed 16 July 2012
- Adrian Jackson (member, CE and Accounting Officer) appointed 1 May 2015
- Rachel Pearson (member) appointed 25 July 2016