Complaints procedure

How to make a complaint if you're unhappy about the service you have received from a member of Wales Office staff.

If you’re unhappy with the service you’ve received from a member of Wales Office staff, you should firstly raise the issue with the member of staff.

If this isn’t appropriate, or you find that the member of staff concerned doesn’t resolve the matter, you should write to:

Head of Corporate Services
Wales Office
1 Caspian Point
Caspian Way
CF10 4DQ

Please supply as much background information on the problem as possible.

The head of corporate services will either deal with the complaint or ask a suitably qualified colleague to do so. Ordinarily we will respond to you within 10 working days of the receipt of your letter. If the investigation needs longer than 10 working days we will write to you explaining the delay and saying when a full reply will be sent.

If you are still not satisfied with the office’s handling of your complaint you can ask a Member of Parliament (MP) to refer the matter to the Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (known as the ombudsman).

The MP doesn’t need to be your own MP. However, if you want to contact your own MP and you don’t know who he or she is, you can find out on the website for Parliament. The ombudsman is fully independent and has powers to investigate complaints about UK government departments.