We support the Leader in her parliamentary and ministerial duties, which include:
- leading the government benches in the House of Lords
- delivery of the government’s business in the Lords (jointly responsible with the Lords Chief Whip)
- repeating in the Lords statements made by the Prime Minister in the Commons
- giving guidance to the House on matters of procedure and order
- taking part in formal ceremonies in the House, like the State Opening of Parliament
- Chair, Board of Trustees for Chequers and Dorneywood
We also provide private office support to the Rt Hon Earl Howe in his capacity as Deputy Leader.
Who we are
We are a small team based in the Palace of Westminster and 1 Horse Guards Road, London.
Together with the Leader of the House of Commons, the Chief Whips and their respective deputies in both houses, our ministers and offices are otherwise known as the Parliamentary Business Managers.