Who we are
We have around 90 staff working within DCMS in London and across England.
OCS champions the civil society sector and works with national and local agencies, commissioners, social enterprises, mission led businesses, mutuals and charities and community groups large and small.
Our responsibilities include:
- to tackle deep seated and complex social problems by developing an ambitious civil society strategy
- to enable a strong regulatory environment with a capable and well-resourced Charity Commission in place
- to lead government’s work on tackling loneliness
- to deliver the National Citizen Service
- to mobilise private investment, responsible business and alternative models of delivery though our ‘inclusive economy’ work
- to empower communities by promoting a lifetime of social action
- to support the Prime Minister to deliver a daily Points of Light award
Through our work with and for civil society, OCS aims to enrich lives, drive growth and promote Britain to the world.
Access our information
Jobs and contracts