Terms of reference
National Crime Agency Remuneration Review Body’s terms of reference.
In considering its recommendations in relation to National Crime Agency (NCA) officers designated with operational powers the review body must have regard to the following considerations:
- the operational crime-fighting role of NCA officers
- the prohibition on NCA officers with operational powers taking strike action
- the need to recruit, retain and motivate suitably able and qualified officers
- the funds available to the NCA, as set out in the government’s departmental expenditure limits
- the government’s wider public sector pay policy and the government’s policies for improving public services
- the government’s inflation target and
- relevant legal obligations on the NCA in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, including the Equality Act 2010
The review body is also required to consider other specific issues as directed by the Home Secretary, and will be required to take account of the economic and other evidence submitted by the government, professional representatives and others.
Reports and recommendations of the review body should be submitted to the Home Secretary and Prime Minister, and they should be published.