You can apply for a job with IPO on the civil service job site.
The IPO is a Stonewall Diversity Champion, which means we’re part of Britain’s leading best-practice employers’ forum for sexual orientation and gender identity equality, diversity and inclusion. We are also a Disability Confident and equal opportunities employer.
Careers in IPO
Our people work in a broad range of jobs including:
- patent examining
- information technology
- project management
- legal work
- customer care
- marketing and communications
- human resources
We have a small office in the heart of London, but our main office is on the outskirts of Newport, South Wales.
Just off junction 28 of the M4 motorway, there’s easy access for motorists. However the more environmentally conscious can also benefit from excellent public transport links - we are only 3 miles from Newport train station, on a main bus route and on a national cycle route.
The City of Newport, with a population of over 137,000, has the Wetlands Reserve, Newport International Sports Village and The Celtic Manor resort, which hosted the 2010 Ryder Cup.
Cardiff, the capital city of Wales, with its top quality shopping, entertainment and visitor attractions, is only 12 miles away.
We are right next door to the Tredegar House Country Park, to which our people even get their own access gate! The south Wales coast offers some of the best beaches and surf in the country and some of the best mountain biking centres in Europe are nearby.
A standard working day is 7 hours and 24 minutes the working week is 37 hours excluding lunch breaks. We offer a flexible working system. You can work between 5am and 10pm and there are no core hours.
Full-time employees will receive 25 days annual leave moving to 30 days in annual increments (1 day per year) over 5 years of reckonable service. You will also get 8 days public leave and 1-day privilege leave.
Benefits of working with us:
- a flexible working scheme which has no core hours and excellent opportunities for home, part-time and term-time working
- family friendly policies including maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay, followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 3 weeks full pay
- a very generous pension scheme, with low employee contributions
- eligibility for special and office-wide bonus payments, as well as performance related pay
- subsidised childcare and salary sacrifice scheme
- excellent development opportunities
- opportunities for secondments, both internal and external
- opportunities to join many civil-service clubs such as the Sports and Social Association, Motoring Club (CSMA), which provide numerous discounts to members
When working at our Newport office the following benefits are also available:
- free car parking on site or close by
- use of facilities that we share with ONS. These include an on-site gymnasium, branch of Costa Coffee, shop, restaurant, cash point and hairdressers
Please note benefits may be subject to change. For more information on our family friendly policies, please contact our HR advisors.
Corporate social responsibility
We are one of the largest employers in Newport and have links with local businesses and voluntary networks. We work in partnership with a number of organisations, schools and further education establishments. We allow up to 6 days per person each year to volunteer for good causes.