We’re committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all members and staff, regardless of race, ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, gender orientation, sexual orientation, disability or age. We guarantee interviews for qualified candidates under the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
During our first year the management team will present the board with an ‘equality action plan’ for review.
- appoint a diversity champion to advocate diversity across the organisation
- carry out equality impact assessments of all new and revised policies
For apprenticeships standards:
- make sure standards and end-point assessments are fair
For our staff:
- monitor the diversity of our staff
- recruit and promote fairly
- actively encourage reporting of complaints about unfair treatment and discrimination
Meeting our objectives
We will publish our equality objectives and equality action plan at least every 4 years, and review how we’re meeting our objectives in our annual report.