We produce astronomical data suitable for a wide range of users, including professional and amateur astronomers, mariners, aviators, surveyors, the armed forces, the police, lawyers, schools and the general public.
Who we are
Founded in 1831, HMNAO was formerly part of the Royal Greenwich Observatory (based in Herstmonceux and then Cambridge).
The UKHO took over the responsibility for HMNAO from April 2006.
We produce and provide:
- almanacs for astronomers, mariners, land surveyors and aviators
- sight reduction tables for navigation
- celestial navigation software (NavPac)
- expert witness testimony for the police and legal profession
- web services
Web services include:
- rise/set times of the Sun, Moon and Planet positions and configurations
- Islamic prayer times
- moon phases
- equinoxes and solstices
- predictions of the first sighting of the new crescent moon
- eclipses of the Sun and Moon
Our products and services
View details about all our products and how to obtain them..
View details about our services .