The main decision-making, executive and managerial bodies at the Health and Social Care Information Centre.
The board is the senior decision-making structure of the organisation, accountable to the public, Parliament and the Secretary of State for Health.
Kingsley Manning, Chair
- Sir Nick Partridge
- Sir Ian Andrews
- Sir John Chisholm
- Prof Maria Goddard
- Dr Sarah Blackburn, Chair Assurance & Risk Committee
- Carl Vincent, Director of Finance and interim Director of Information and Analytics
- Rachael Allsop, Director of Human Resources
- Rob Shaw, Director of Operations and Assurance Services
- Tom Denwood, Director of National Provider Support
- James Hawkins, Director of Programmes
- Isabel Hunt, Director of Customer Relations
- Peter Counter, Chief Technology Officer
- Vacancy, Director of Strategy
Minutes and board papers
The board meets throughout the year. Minutes and board papers are available from each meeting:
Future board meetings
- 10 June 2015 in Leeds
- 15 July 2015 in Redditch
- 23 September 2015 in Sheffield
- 25 November 2015 in Nottingham
- 27 January 2016 in Cambridge
- 30 March 2016 in Liverpool
Public sessions of the board are held regularly. Members of the public are welcome to attend and observe these meetings.
Agendas and papers will be available on the website 5 working days before the meeting date. If you have questions to raise about the papers please contact the board secretary. Your questions can then be covered as part of the Board discussion. A short time will be available at the end of each meeting to take questions from any observers. These questions must be given to the board secretary before the meeting.
The board might need to consider commercial or confidential staff agenda items that can’t be discussed in public. If so, a private session will also be held without any observers.
Board strategy sessions
Board strategy sessions usually take place every alternate month. These are non-statutory meetings of the board and they are not open to the public to attend.
The purpose of these sessions is for the board to discuss developing strategy and policy. For further information please contact email@example.com quoting ‘Board Strategy Sessions - FAO Executive Office’
The agendas and notes of the Board strategy sessions will be made available here:
- 20 May 2015 in London
- 2 September 2015 in London
- 28 October 2015 in Leeds
- 16 December 2015 in London
- 24 February 2016 in Leeds
Data Access Advisory Group (DAAG)
The Data Access Advisory Group (DAAG) is an independent group hosted by the Health and Social Care Information Centre which considers applications for sensitive or identifiable data.
DAAG helps make sure that the use of patient data for research purposes and for improving patient care is done in a controlled environment where any risk of disclosure is minimised.
DAAG is made up of a panel of members including:
- Dr Alan Hassey (Interim chair): HSCIC Information Governance Clinical Lead, Senior Clinical Advisor GPSoC, Member of RCGP Health Informatics Group.
- Dawn Foster: Head of Information Governance, HSCIC
- Sean Kirwan: DH Policy Unit (previous DMsG advisor).
- Dr Patrick Coyle: Independent representative (previous DMsG chair and member of the HRA Confidentiality Advisory Group).
- Professor John Craven: Independent representative (former Vice-Chancellor, University of Portsmouth)
- Dr Joanne Bailey MA MB ChB DRCOG: Independent representative (Chair of the General Practice Extraction Service Independent Advisory Group)
- Dr Eve Sariyiannidou: Independent representative (member of General Practice Extraction Service Independent Advisory Group)
You can view information about how to get DAAG approval and the .
If you would like to apply for sensitive data fields within Health and Social Care Information Centre data sets please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The minutes from each DAAG meeting are published within a week after the following DAAG meeting.
For older meeting papers visit the DAAG archive.
Future DAAG meetings
- 13 January 2015
- 20 January 2015
- 27 January 2015
- 3 February 2015
- 20 February 2015
- 17 February 2015
- 24 February 2015
Department of Health HSCIC Framework Agreement
The relationship between the Department of Health and the Health and Social Care Information Centre is defined in the Framework Agreement.
Department of Health HSCIC Strategic Objectives
The Department of Health’s Strategic Objectives for the Health and Social Care Information Centre: April 2014 to March 2015 are set out in the HSCIC Statement of Strategic Objectives.
The Health and Social Care Act sets out the powers of the Secretary of State and NHS England to direct the HSCIC to carry out additional functions concerning:
- Information functions
- The information functions of any health or social care body
- Systems delivery functions.