What we do
The Department for Communities and Local Government's job is to create great places to live and work, and to give more power to local people to shape what happens in their area.
We are responsible for:
- supporting local government by giving them the power to act for their community - without interference from central government
- helping communities and neighbourhoods to solve their own problems so neighbourhoods are strong, attractive and thriving
- working with local enterprise partnerships and enterprise zones to help the private sector grow
- making the planning system work more efficiently and effectively
- supporting local fire and rescue authorities so that they’re able to respond to emergencies and reduce the number and impact of fires
Access our information
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in the Welsh language scheme. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information.