What we do
We hear appeals against certain decisions by:
- all 3 divisions of the High Court of Justice and their specialist courts, including the Administrative Court
- county courts
- the Family Court
We also hear appeals against certain decisions by the:
- Competition Appeal Tribunal
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- Upper Tribunal (Administrative Appeals Chamber)
- Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber)
- Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber)
- Upper Tribunal (Tax and Chancery Chamber)
For all these cases we also handle applications for permission to appeal.
Who we are
We are, together with the Criminal Division, one of 2 divisions of the Court of Appeal of England and Wales. The Court of Appeal is the second most senior court in England and Wales.
We are based at the Royal Courts of Justice in London. Cases are heard by Lord or Lady Justices of Appeal or, in some cases, High Court judges.
Access our information