The profession is one of the Civil Service Professions and brings together corporate finance professionals working within government.
The profession is led by UK Government Investments (UKGI), the UK Government’s centre of excellence in corporate finance and corporate governance.
The aim of UKGI and the Government Corporate Finance Profession (GCFP) is to get the best value for the taxpayer by ensuring government has access to high quality corporate finance advice. We work across a number of areas, including:
- performing the shareholder role for government in its part or wholly-owned businesses
- leading commercial transactions, for example, the sale of government assets
- the management of government’s interventions in the private sector
- advice on major government negotiations with corporates
The Profession supports government corporate finance professionals, for example through training and career development, so that they develop the knowledge and skills they require to carry out their roles. The GCFP will do this in a number of ways, including:
- establishing a formal network of corporate finance professionals working in government
- offering learning and development opportunities, including technical training
- promoting corporate finance opportunities available across Whitehall
Message from Mark Russell, Head of the GCFP
As the Head of the GCFP, one of my priorities is to strengthen the corporate finance skills in government. The GCFP offers learning and development - we are establishing a range of technical training supported by a strong network of professionals. This will support corporate financiers in their work and in the development of their careers, so that the profession continues to offer government a highly skilled capability.
GCFP is a profession for Civil Servants who work in Corporate Finance. If you would like to register your interest in the profession and be added to our mailing list to receive updates please email firstname.lastname@example.org