The GCFP is one of the 28 recognised Civil Service Professions. It supports corporate finance professionals through training and career development, so they develop the knowledge and skills they require to carry out their roles.
The profession is led by UK Government Investments (UKGI) with the CEO acting as Head of Profession.
Benefits of joining
The GCFP’s purpose is to promote skills development, knowledge sharing, networking, collaboration and career development in corporate finance and governance. Members benefit from:
- being part of a formal network of over 200 professionals working on corporate finance in government
- invitations to seminars on relevant corporate finance and governance topics, including case studies of their application in government
- access to technical training on the profession’s core skills
- networking events and opportunities to build connections with other corporate finance professionals across government
- a forum for discussing and troubleshooting issues, ideas and queries
- quarterly newsletter featuring announcements, case studies and information for members.
Qualifying to join
GCFP is open to anyone in government working in corporate finance or corporate governance. There are six skills and knowledge areas in the government corporate finance profession framework. These are:
- Financial analysis and strategy
- Debt and / or equity capital markets
- Corporate governance and regulation
- Project financing
- Management of transactions
If your role uses these skills, you are eligible to join the profession. Read about these skills in more detail in the GCFP Competency Framework document.
How to join
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in joining the profession. A member of the team will be in touch.