The main decision-making bodies of the Civil Nuclear Police Authority (CNPA).
The Authority is required to secure the maintenance of an efficient and effective Civil Nuclear Constabulary and is empowered to regulate its proceedings through the setting up and regulation of committees. Except for the approving of appointments to the senior executive team, including the renewal or extension of fixed term appointments, and accounting for the operational and managerial performance of the CNC to the Secretary of State, all other matters are delegated to its committees.
Download the Terms of Reference for the Authority Terms of Reference for the Authority (PDF, 27KB, 3 pages)
The board is a committee of the Civil Nuclear Police Authority (CNPA) mandated by the Authority to ensure that the Authority discharges its statutory responsibilities and secures the maintenance of an efficient and effective Civil Nuclear Constabulary (CNC). The board is primarily responsible for:
- setting the strategic, policy, resource and performance management framework for the CNC
- monitoring the overall performance of the CNC against agreed strategies and plans and agreeing remedial action as necessary
- discharging the financial duties set by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Approving arrangements for the governance, administration and conditions of service of the CNC.
Download the Terms of Reference for the CNPA board Terms of reference for the CNPA Board (PDF, 21KB, 3 pages)
The board is made up of eight CNPA members and five CNC senior executive team members.
The CNPA members are:
- Sir Philip Trousdell, Chair
- Rob Wright
- Paul Kernaghan
- Mark Neate
- Gwen Parry-Jones
- Kenna Kintrea
- Phil Craig
- Independent member (vacant)
The CNC senior executive team members are:
- Chief Constable Mike Griffiths
- Deputy Chief Constable Simon Chesterman
- Assistant Chief Constable Chris Armitt
- T/Assistant Chief Constable Joyce Robertson
- Business Director Kenneth Kilpatrick
CNPA Audit, Risk and Governance Committee
The audit, risk and governance committee (ARGC) keeps under review and reports to the board on the comprehensiveness, reliability and integrity of assurances given, to meet the Authority’s and the Accounting Officer’s assurance needs. The committee is responsible for all matters relating to:
- internal and external audit
- internal control and risk management
- accounting policies and actions
- financial management and scrutiny of the Annual Report and Accounts
- corporate governance requirements of the CNPA
Download the Terms of Reference for the audit, risk and governance committee Terms of reference for the Audit, Risk and Governance Committee (PDF, 24.9KB, 3 pages) .
CNPA Senior Appointments Committee
The senior appointments committee (SAC) ensures, on behalf of the Authority, that senior appointments support its business requirements. It is primarily responsible for:
- overseeing the recruitment process and making recommendations to the Authority in respect of appointments to posts in the Senior Executive Team, and;
- recommending on matters relating to the remuneration, development and management of the CEO and the senior executive team.
Download the Terms of Reference for the senior appointments committee Terms of Reference for the Senior Appointments Committee (PDF, 23.9KB, 2 pages)