Members of the Biometrics and Forensics Ethics Group.
Membership of the Biometrics and Forensics Ethics Group
The senior sponsor, Stephen Webb of the Crime, Police and Fire Group within the Home Office, is responsible for ensuring that the Biometrics and Forensics Ethics Group meets is obligations. The chair of the BFEG is Christopher Hughes, OBE.
The following members were appointed to the National DNA Database Ethics group through open competition and have been reappointed to the BFEG.
- Dr Adil Akram, a Consultant Psychiatrist
- Dr Alan Clamp, currently the Chief Executive of the Security Industry Authority with an academic background in clinical biochemistry
- Dr Christopher Harling, CBE, a retired Consultant Physician in Occupational Health
- Isabel Nisbet, has an academic background in moral philosophy, with additional knowledge of medical law
- Professor Barbara Prainsack, a Political Scientist
- Jennifer Temkin LLD, FAcSS, Professor of Law, The City Law School (City University of London)
The current members of the Ethics Group are:
- Christopher Hughes, OBE (chair)
- Dr Adil Akram
- Dr Alan Clamp
- Dr Christopher Harling
- Isabel Nisbet
- Professor Barbara Prainsack
- Jennifer Temkin