Membership of the Biometrics and Forensics Ethics Group
The chair of the BFEG is Christopher Hughes, OBE.
The following were appointed to the National DNA Database Ethics group through open competition and have been reappointed to the BFEG.
Christopher Hughes, OBE (Chair)
- Dr Adil Akram, a Consultant Psychiatrist
- Dr Nina Hallowell, a Social Scientist
- Dr Christopher Harling, CBE, a retired Consultant Physician in Occupational Health
- Isabel Nisbet, has an academic background in moral philosophy, with additional knowledge of medical law
- Jennifer Temkin LLD, FAcSS, Professor of Law, The City Law School (City University of London)
The following members have been appointed to the BFEG following open competition.
- Professor Dame Sue Black, Director of the Leverhulme Research Centre for Forensic Science, School of Science and Engineering, University of Dundee
- Professor Liz Campbell, Director of the Centre for Criminal Law and Criminal Justice
- Professor Simon Caney, Professor in political theory, at the University of Warwick
- Professor Mark Jobling, Professor of genetics at the University of Leicester
- Professor Thomas Edward Sorrell, Professor of politics and philosophy at the University of Warwick
- Professor Denise Syndercombe-Court, Professor of forensic science at Kings College London
- Professor Louise Amoore, Professor of human geography at Durham University
Read minutes of meetings of the National DNA Database Ethics Group