The roles, responsibilities and membership of our committees.
ACCEA’s Main Committee establishes the criteria for assessing candidates and administers the process for judging nominations. It also advises on which NHS consultants and academic GPs should receive awards and provides quality control. Members of the main committee also sit on the Platinum committee.
- Mr William Worth, Chair
- Dr Mary Armitage, Medical Director
- Professor Ian Greer, University of Liverpool
- Professor Kevin Davies, Vice-chair of the South East Regional Sub-committee
- Professor Dame Sue Bailey, Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- Robert Bailey
- Jane Kelly
- Madeleine Wang
- Mary Elford
- Professor Naeem Soomro, Newcastle University
- Sir Andrew Morris, Frimley NHS Trust
- Dr Jag Ahluwalia, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Dr William Harrop-Griffiths, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Dame Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer
- Simon Stevens, NHS England
- Charlie Massey, Department of Health
- Professor Sir Bruce Keogh, NHS England
- Dr Andrew Goodall, Welsh Government
- Duncan Selbie, Public Health England
Our sub-committees assess applications from consultants and academic GPs for new and renewal of national awards. They take account of recommendations from employers, national nominating bodies and specialist societies, and they submit their recommendations in priority order for consideration to the chairman and medical director of ACCEA.
ACCEA sub-committee members 2017 (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 51.6KB)
Read ACCEA meeting papers and minutes