What the Academy for Social Justice Commissioning offers its members (including its 'Introduction to commissioning' course) and how to join.
Benefits for members
The Academy for Social Justice Commissioning is free to join and we offer our members:
- a programme of events, including an annual conference and monthly evening seminars with expert guest speakers
- self directed, supported learning groups, led by expert facilitators
- quarterly news bulletins, each focusing on a particular area of commissioning
- our online training course, which is an introduction to commissioning public services at both national and local levels
Our members are from central and local government organisations, health, policing, academics, private providers and voluntary, charitable and social enterprise organisations.
To become a member, complete the registration form.
Access the ‘Introduction to commissioning’ elearning course
If you are a member, you should already have a user name and log-in. If you need a reminder, email email@example.com.
By the end of this 45 minute course you will be able to:
- understand the 4 stages of the commissioning cycle
- identify the benefits commissioning could bring when applied to public services
- understand how to apply commissioning good practice in your role
- find further information and guidance about commissioning
There are learning reviews throughout the course to support your learning.
You can leave at any time and return to the same point later.
Other training providers
These providers offer courses and workshops to help develop your commissioning skills: