What the Academy for Social Justice Commissioning offers its members (including its 'Introduction to commissioning' course) and how to join.
- We identify and promote excellence in social justice commissioning.
- We bring over 3500 people from all sectors together to share knowledge, skills and best practice.
- Our services and membership are completely FREE
- Aimed at all those involved in social justice commissioning including the Ministry of Justice and its agencies, central and local government, health, the police, academics, private providers, voluntary, charitable and social enterprise groups.
What we offer
- Our evening seminars are held in London, Leeds, Manchester and Bristol and offer a great opportunity to network and learn. Featuring expert guest speakers from a variety of backgrounds, topics have a commissioning focus and details of both forthcoming and past events can be found on our website.
- We also host workshops and conferences on social justice commissioning topics
- Our e-learning course - Introduction to Commissioning offers an introduction to commissioning public services at both national and local level.
- Our learning groups led by expert facilitators focus on a variety of commissioning themed topics. Past topics include provider development, integrated offender management and commissioning victim services. The Academy website also hosts commissioning information and learning and development opportunities.
To become a member, complete the registration form.
Access the ‘Introduction to commissioning’ elearning course
If you are a member, you should already have a user name and log-in. If you need a reminder, email email@example.com.
By the end of this 45 minute course you will be able to:
- understand the 4 stages of the commissioning cycle
- identify the benefits commissioning could bring when applied to public services
- understand how to apply commissioning good practice in your role
- find further information and guidance about commissioning
There are learning reviews throughout the course to support your learning.
You can leave at any time and return to the same point later.
Other training providers
These providers offer courses and workshops to help develop your commissioning skills:
PDF, 285KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.