The UK is opening its first ever standalone premium lounge in Gurgaon. From 30 March those looking to travel to the UK will be able to apply for their visa in a new exclusive lounge.
The Gurgaon lounge is part of a wider strategy to extend the UK’s reach across India and roll out further premium services to customers. Next month will see UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) open a further user-pay visa application centre in Jaipur and there are already plans to extend the visa application centre network even further.
The premium lounge, gives customers a luxury lounge to apply for their visa quickly as well as the added benefits of free courier and SMS text service. The charge for using the service is Rs 2,500 on top of the cost of the visa.
Sir James Bevan KCMG, British High Commissioner to India said:
India continues to be one of the UK’s closest partners and our Indian business customers are particularly important to us. When they talk, we listen which is why we are opening this visa application premium lounge in the commercial hub of Gurgaon.
The UK is committed to offering our Indian customers an excellent visa service. With Gurgaon opening we will have 13 visa application centres across India – more than any other country. But there is always more we can do which is why we will continue to work to expand and improve the service.
Customers will also be able to purchase the priority visa service, allowing them to receive a visa decision in just three to five days.
Kalyan Bose, President of the British Business Group Delhi, said:
The new Gurgaon lounge will make the visa application process easier and more convenient for many of our members and other visitors to the UK.
We are happy with the positive way that the High Commission responded to suggestions made by BBG members to open a facility in Gurgaon.
- The new premium lounge is located at:
ILD Trade Centre,
4th Floor, Sector 47
Sohna Road, Gurgaon – 122001
- the premium lounge will be open Monday to Friday and appointments can be made on the visa4uk website from Monday 30 March.
- Priority visas can be purchased either in advance or at the Premium Lounge for an extra Rs 10,000.
- UK visa application centres are located in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Jalandhar, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai (North), Mumbai (South), New Delhi and Pune.
- see the transcript of the speech by Sir James Bevan KCMG, UK High Commissioner to India.
Stuart Adam, Head,
Press and Communications
British High Commission, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021
Tel: 44192100; Fax: 24192411
Mail to: Natasha Woollcombe
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Storify, Eventbrite, Blogs, Foursquare, Youtube