As part of the UK Government’s transparency agenda, for the first time ever taxpayers will be able to scrutinise a range of data, including:
- Departmental Government Procurement Card transactions over £500 for April to August 2011 of this financial year.
- Non-Consolidated Performance Related Pay (NCPRP) data for departments and their agencies in respect of the performance year 2010-11.
- Workforce management information from central Government departments.
1. Non-consolidated performance related payments in 2010-11
During 2010-11 Scotland Office and the office of the Advocate General for Scotland formed part of the Ministry of Justice. Information about these payments to staff is published on the MoJ website:
2. Workforce Management Information - Scotland Office (Excel Files)
- Cross-Government GPC spend:
Financial Year GPC Spend Cross Government
- Non-consolidated Performance Related Payments are one-off, non-pensionable awards that are made to individuals to reward high performance against objectives or for specific tasks. Such payments to senior staff for 2010-11 performance have been restricted to the top 25% of performers only, down from 65%, delivering savings of around £15 million. We have also sharpened the performance management system that underpins such payments.
- The monthly information on workforce provides an insight into how many people are employed in each department and their pay bill for April-August 2011.
- As part of the Transparency agenda, departments also published today the latest Business Quarterly Data Summaries - a quarterly snapshot on how each department is spending its budget, the results it has achieved and how it is deploying its workforce. The QDS is focused on improving in-year transparency of information on Departmental business. Details can be found at http://www.number10.gov.uk/news/business-plan-data-nov11/